White City Saskatchewan
The Management Trainee Program is an entry level leadership program that is designed for new grads to learn the Oil and gas construction business. Management Trainees receive "hands on" field construct-ability experience and technical training. Technical training includes both field and classroom exposure to project management, cost control, scheduling, safety management, quality management, estimating and proposal delivery, financial, administration, and business development. With skilled supervision, a variety of field-based operational training, exposure to a variety of functional areas and mentoring to ensure success of our graduates, this leadership program provides Canadian Plains with a pipeline of highly qualified candidates for management positions within our organization.RESPONSIBILITIES
Working within our Mainline Projects team, applicants must be mobile and willing to relocate to various project sites within Western Canada.
- This program will involve “hands-on” field work, which is physically demanding and labor intensive. It will require working extended hours on projects located in various locations across Saskatchewan and Alberta.
- The program offers an hourly rate with a guaranteed monthly minimum and pays overtime when extended hours of work are involved. A comprehensive benefits plan is also included.
- The program is typically two to three years in duration, but is dependent on the Trainee’s previous experience and accomplishments during the program. Candidates completing the Management Trainee Program will have the opportunity to pursue a career in a variety of roles in either operational supervisory roles or functional positions
- Live by the Values of the company
- Create and maintain all proper site- and project-specific documentation, including reports, files, and communications
- Assist in project scheduling, including personnel and production timelines
- Assist in developing bid proposal packages
- Assist in developing and applying turnover packages
- Sit on workplace health and safety committees
- Participate in regular site tailgate meetings
- Enforce and follow all proper construction codes and specifications in jurisdictions
- Conduct hazard assessments
- Conduct job planning and benchmarking
- Assist with corporate estimating
- Assist in the development and management of assigned projects
- Administer worksite inspections
- Conduct quality control audits
- Deliver quality assurance
- Participate in all aspects of construction execution and service in various industries
- Applicants should be recent graduates, or expecting to graduate shortly, with a Construction Technology, Mechanical, Civil Engineering, Business Administration, and or Project Management Diploma/Degree. This opportunity is also open to internal candidates with a Journeyman certificate in pipefitting, electric and instrumentation or other suitable construction trades. Your application should include a cover letter and resume explaining your interest and motivation.
- Minimum of 6 months construction experience completing “hands on” manual labour would be considered an asset in addition to the required education (as mentioned above).