· Assist operations management and employees with HSEMS and Safe Work Manuals.
· Develop and test emergency response plans (ERP) and Site-Specific Safety Plans (SSSP).
· Work with manager and superintendent on daily basis to coordinate activities such as SSSPs, pre-job HIACs, site visits/inspections, incident reports, and other daily HSE matters.
· Organize, prepare, and contribute to regular safety meetings.
· Assist in the development of, and then communicate and train on safe job procedures, safe work practices, and codes of practice
· Administer, review, analyze/trend, and follow up on safety observation cards (SOC) on a regular basis.
· Monitor near misses and promptly address.
· Assist and advise on hazard identification, assessment, and control (HIAC).
· Assist in coordination of online training delivered through Canadian Plains eSchool.
· Coordinate and participate in Occupational Health and Safety committees.
· Maintain safety data sheets (SDS) inventory in hardcopy and electronic format.
· Conduct safety activities, worksite inspections and safety observations. Assist with coaching where necessary.
· Participate in contractor management health and safety assessments.
· Ensure general site safety management, inspect and provide safety assistance for duration of project/field job.
· Inspect and maintain safety equipment such as monitors, harnesses, and fire extinguishers.
· Assist in the preparation of pre-job meetings and attend when required.
· Lead or assist in incident investigations.
· Coordinate/audit/train NSC requirements and activities.
· Work with HSE Analyst to maintain safety-training database.
· Ensure all events are reviewed and recorded and conduct follow-up.
· Assist with trending statistics, reporting and tracking.
· Use SCAT incident cause analysis.
· Advise management teams on training requirements and provide ongoing training status.
· Maintain on-site presence and offer staff support, coaching, and recognition.
· Conduct on-site orientation of new employees, ISPs, and subcontractors. In certain projects/jobs assist with the delivery and confirm site specific orientations are being completed.
· Train staff on proper use of safety equipment and accompanying documentation.
· Train staff on HIAC process and the use of HIAC tools (forms, relevant documentation).
· NCSO designation preferred.
· One year experience in progressive safety management in the oil and gas construction industry
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record