White City Saskatchewan
Canadian Plains Estimators contribute to the development of an overall cost strategy and execution plan. Estimator responsibilities include preparing bids and assisting with contract negotiations, preparation of tender submissions, pre-construction conceptual estimates of oil and gas facilities and above ground pipelines, and project schedules.
- Participate in full cycle preparation of tender submissions, pre-construction conceptual estimates for oil and gas facilities and above ground pipelines, and project schedules for review by the construction manager.
- Work with corporate and project management teams to determine what types of projects to bid, strategies, and techniques.
- Obtain, review and compile subcontractor quotations. Advise of changes in subcontractor information for file update.
- Prepare initial cost summary for project.
- Provide technical assistance on negotiating contracts
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Relative diploma or bachelor’s degree (i.e. business administration, trade certificate) is preferred
- Five years' experience in oil and gas construction industry with hands-on experience
- Ten years’ direct experience as an estimator
- Buried pipeline abilities would be an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical and structural requirements to estimate construction cost of oil and gas facilities as well as above ground pipelines
- Experience in producing both small and large plant facility cost estimates and plans
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with industry standard estimating software, as well as MS Excel and MS Project
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Professional verbal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Meticulous record-keeping skills
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction
- Possesses an eye for detail
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment