Journeyperson B-Pressure Rig Welder
Canadian Plains is looking for B-Pressure Rig Welders (Journeyperson) with relevant experience in oilfield construction, pipeline and shop fabrication. Typical welds include SMAW, GTAW, carbon and stainless steel. Welding to CWB, B31.3 and CSA Z662 codes. Our welders take pride in their trade, and see that Canadian Plain's high standards of safety and quality are always met.
- Participate in CPES safety program.
- Fabricate and install structural steel supports to CWB standards.
- Piping fabrication with an emphasis on Safety, Quality and Production while working in accordance to client specifications and Canadian Plain's weld procedures
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues
- Local Candidates are preferred
- B-Pressure ticket and CWB certification
- Possess a valid Journeyperson certificate of qualification issued by the appropriate province or federal authority
- Valid driver’s license & clean drivers abstract
- H2S Alive, Standard First Aid, Fall Protection, WHIMIS, TDG
- Must pass pre-employment alcohol and drug test
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret acorn drawings
- Familiar with construction methods, techniques, and labour requirements and how they apply to industrial construction projects
- Comfortable working in various weather conditions
- Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Along with your resume please (attach applicable safety tickets) and current driver’s abstract.