The administrator is the first point-of-contact within the Canadian Plains Virden office location, and presents a positive and professional image of Canadian Plains to all clients, suppliers, associates, callers and office visitors. Administrators maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality in all interactions. An office administrator provides administrative support in the Virden field office. An administrator is approachable, organized, and customer service oriented.
- General Administration/Communication/Reception: Represent Canadian Plains in person, on the phone, and through electronic communications. Communicate current information with clients and staff. Prepare and/or proofread written communications. Manage, monitor, and maintain area office records. Dispose or store according to company standards Maintain a professional and organized administrative office. Schedule and arrange meetings and travel when required.
- Payroll: Track and confirm worker hours and record accurate data for payroll processing.
- Accounts Receivable/Payable: Prepare, distribute, and track invoices for billing, and confirm, make necessary corrections, and file incoming invoices for payment.
- Purchasing: Enter and file purchase orders and track against incoming invoices.
- Reporting: Enter, post, and run reports such as transactions, project data, and requested audits.
- Office administration or accounting diploma (i.e. administration, accounting, commerce) is preferred.
- A minimum of two - three years administrative experience in the oilfield construction and services industry
Who we are
Canadian Plains is a Saskatchewan based company and leader in construction and maintenance services to the oil and gas, midstream, transportation, mining, and utility industries across central Canada. With locations across Saskatchewan and Manitoba, Canadian Plains is committed to servicing energy and resource customers.
Canadian Plains takes pride in its experienced trades people, experienced project management/supervision and the processes developed to support them; all of which ensure the exceptional execution of any project.
Why work for us
Canadian Plains encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, a rewarding short term incentive plan, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.